High Quality Shirt Manufacturing
Lontana Apparel is one of Cape Town’s oldest and most accomplished shirt manufacturer. We are a specialised company with a proud heritage and decades of textile, shirting and production know-how. Our client base is established and comprises several of the best-known fashion brands and corporations in South Africa.
Lontana is a proudly South African company with verified B-BBEE credentials. We are rated Level 2 and is graded compliant by the country’s National Bargaining Council. We have also been by cleared by the Council as a certified PPE manufacturer.
About the Company
Year established: 1999
Location: Woodstock, Cape Town, South Africa
Languages spoken: English, Afrikaans, German
Certificates: B-BEE Level 2 Certificate, CSD Registered, since 2020 accredited as a PPE and other essential products Manufacturer
Company description: Lontana Apparel has 22 years experience manufacturing clothing. Its specialty is upmarket shirting. The company has its own design, modelling, manufacturing and marketing subdivisions with a team of 50 dedicated and well-organised Employees.
The company produces 6000 items of clothing on a monthly basis on equipment that fully complies with the requirements of the modern clothing industry. A very high standard of quality is maintained throughout the manufacturing process.
Major Customers: Presidential Shirt, Fabiani, Thomas & Benno, Twill, Robert Daniel, Khaliques, Cavalli, Geri, Romens, Zifferelli, Into Africa, ZedMan, Blue Collar White Collar, Edmund Dante, Tokyo Jo, Cavalli, Charles Walters Bespoke, Guiseppe Rosso, Sexy Jocks, multiple listed corporates etc
Product range: Men’s shirts, women’s shirts and blouses, T-shirts, boxer shorts, boxer briefs, face masks, kaftans
Core product competence: Men’s and ladies formal shirts, printed and woven
Market level production: medium high to high
Own collections/brands: Thomas & Benno, Robert Daniel
Facilities: Modern multi-story building with internal warehousing and extra space for production expansion
Full service: Yes, if required
Fabric procurement skills: Yes
Fabric printing skills: Yes, outsourced
Staff: Production 45, Management/administration: 5
Number of machines: 40 sewing, 25 other
Production output: 6000 pcs per month (of which the majority are men’s shirts)
Lead time: from 3-6 weeks depending on quantity
Material inspection: Yes (visual at spreading)
Material storage: Yes
Accessory storage: Yes
Testing laboratory: No, outsourced
Own design team: Yes
Own product development: Yes
CAD: No, outsourced
Cutting: Manual: Yes, CAM: No
Separate sample sewing: Yes
Washing: No, outsourced if necessary
QC inspection: Yes
Product control: Yes
Our company policies include awareness, understanding, and sense of responsibility for Lontana’s position as a national and international manufacturer. We strive not only for environmental, social, and worker compliance, but to exceed basic standards and act as inspiration for other companies with regard to our relationship with local and global communities.
Occupational Safety Policy
- Provide a working environment in which potentially hazardous situations are clearly identified and all employees are properly trained to safely handle.
- Regularly evaluate and test equipment and raw materials for occupational health and safety concerns and ensure machines are in top working condition.
- Provide on-going training support to employees that is targeted within the scope of their responsibilities.
- Maintain emergency and safety equipment and have occasional practice drills to prepare employees in the event of an actual emergency.
- Employ, maintain, and update required occupational health and safety management systems in accordance with local laws and regulations.
Lontana cares about the environment. As a result, we are dedicated to working to reduce our carbon footprint and ensure sustainable manufacturing processes. At Lontana, we:
- Comply with all local environmental laws and regulations.
- Use energy and natural resources efficiently.
- Employ environmentally-conscious manufacturing processes to minimize pollution to air, water, and soil.
- Reduce waste by responsibly integrating recycling into our operations.
- Bring environmental awareness to employees and suppliers.
Social Compliance Policy
- Not employ children as workers.
- Not force involuntary workers to work.
- Not require employees to work overtime.
- Not allow any discrimination in any form by or towards our employees.
- Obey all employment laws and regulations in our country.
- Allow our workers to join professional bargaining units.
- Equally and expeditiously enforce the rules and regulations of our company.
- Pay fair wages in a timely manner to all employees.
- Ensure safe working conditions for all of our employees.
- Control our supply chain in an ethical, legal, and socially responsible manner to ensure our top-quality products reach our customers.